Sixteen teams demonstrated correct technique in pre-checks, child restraints, wheelchair securement, student management, driving skills and evacuation in the 2018 TSD Conference Roadeo, which was presented by School Transportation News and wheelchair securement supplier Q’Straint/Sure-Lok and co-sponsored by ALC, BESI, Inc., IC Bus, REI and Ricon.
Sessions held throughout the day focused on foundations of special needs transportation, IDEA dispute resolution, adequate supervisor training for best driver performance, partnerships with the Human Resources department, preschool and Head Start, school bus operations outside of North America, and driver welness programs.
View the gallery below.
- School Bus Driver Killed in Crash Remembered for ‘Huge Heart’
- School Bus Child Passenger Safety Training at TSD Conference
- Roundup: Tragedy and Heroes on the School Bus
- How Will New FMCSA Diabetes Rule Affect School Bus Drivers?
- Detroit Diesel Remanufacturing & Bosh Celebrate 10-Year Anniversary of North America Fuel Systems Remanufacturing