The National School Transportation Association is accepting applications for its awards program that will be held on July 22 in Charleston, S.C., during the organization's Annual Meeting and Convention.
NSTA will be bestowing eight awards, includng:
- Golden Merit Award - This award recognizes school bus contractor members for their successful operating achievements and service to the community as a whole.
- Hall of Fame Award - This award recognizes the long term contributions NSTA members have made to the school transportation industry. Successful applicants must be/ have been NSTA members and school bus contractors of 10 or more consecutive years, and be a member of the state contractors' association, if applicable.
- Distinguished Service Award - This award recognizes contractors who have made recent yet substantial contributions to student transportation contracting.
- Thomas Built Buses Grant - This grant is awarded to a NSTA member for continued education.
- Outstanding Driver Service Award - This awards recognizes school bus drivers whose exemplary service and commitment to safety has made them community leaders.
- Outstanding School Transportation Administrator Award - This award recognizes outstanding school transportation administrators who are committed to safety, business practice, and the industry at-large.
- Go Yellow, Go Green Award - This award recognizes a single industry leader whose commitment to ever-present environmental concerns sets them apart as industry leaders. A successful nominee can be either an entire company or just a single location.
- Meritorious Service Award - This award recognizes an industry leader who has shown unparalleled vision, support and leadership toward improving pupil transportation safety.
For more information visit the NSTA website.