The School District of Palm Beach County, Florida, is the 11th largest in the continental U.S., and the 5th largest in the state of Florida with 187 schools, serving 174,004 (Total K-12) students.
For the qualified and motivated candidate, we offer a very competitive compensation package, including a comprehensive benefits package and pension plan.
JOB CODE: 71540
TITLE: DIRECTOR OF TRANSPORTATION
- Master’s degree in Business Administration, Transportation or related field or Bachelors Degree with successful administrative experience in a major transportation program.
- Academic course work or experience in accounting, finance or fleet management.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, control, direct, and staff a large department.
- Demonstrated ability to recruit, select, and evaluate personnel.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with school administrators, employees, and the public.
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse groups, and effectively communicate, both orally and in writing.
- Knowledge of current computing technologies and software applications appropriate to the position’s job responsibilities.
- Plans, organizes, directs and controls the functions of the District Transportation Department.
- Responsible for all transported pupils reaching their safe destinations as determined by the program needs of the District.
- Organizes and directs a vehicle maintenance program for all District owned vehicles.
- Prepares the annual transportation budget and other required reports.
- Administers the activities of the Transportation Department in accordance with all relevant Statutes, State Rules, School Board Policies and Administrative Directives.
- Functions as the personnel manager for the Department of Transportation
Additional Job Functions:
- Follows adopted policies and procedures in accordance with School Board priorities.
- Conducts oneself in the best interest of students, in accordance with the highest traditions of public education and in support of the District’s Mission Statement.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Salary Level: 9
Employee Unit: S
Responsible to: Chief Operating Officer
Capable of lifting/carrying 20 lbs. and occasionally up to 50 lbs.; some physical activity required.