STEVENSVILLE, Md. – Heavy-duty lift leader, Stertil-Koni, has called on the incoming administration headed by President-elect Donald Trump to focus on upgrading U.S. infrastructure and transportation in the upcoming term, beginning January 2017. Further, Stertil-Koni urges members of Congress to support public and private investments, and related incentives, to advance public works programs that will create better roads, transportation systems, bridges and jobs for American workers.
The need is pressing. Here’s why: the American Society of Civil Engineers recently gave America a “D+” rating in terms of infrastructure, citing dilapidated roadways, insufficient waterways and "a pressing need for modernization."
The group estimates $3.6 trillion would need to be invested into U.S. infrastructure by 2020 just to raise the country's support systems to acceptable levels. A 2015 American Public Transportation Association/Mineta Transportation Institute study found that 75 percent of Americans support increased spending on public transit infrastructure. The initial plan from President-elect Trump’s 10-year infrastructure proposal will cost $1 trillion, but according to a Nov. 11, 2016, Wall Street Journal article, the president-elect hasn’t specified the source of the funds.
That said, the president-elect has vowed that his infrastructure proposal will create “millions” of jobs, likening it to Dwight Eisenhower’s creation of the interstate highway system. Stertil-Koni President Jean DellAmore noted, “The stakes are indeed high, but overall if the program is implemented, it will result in a big win for American business and American workers. The reason is clear: It will spur jobs and manufacturing in multiple regions of the country, including the Rustbelt.”
According to Donald Trump website, as president, he hopes to:
- Transform America’s crumbling infrastructure into a golden opportunity for accelerated economic growth and more rapid productivity gains with a deficit-neutral plan targeting substantial new infrastructure investments.
- Pursue an “America’s Infrastructure First” policy that supports investments in transportation, clean water, a modern and reliable electricity grid, telecommunications, security infrastructure, and other pressing domestic infrastructure needs.
For its part, Stertil-Koni embraces the plan.
“This is an investment in America. Fresh starts are the ideal time to bring on change. I call on the new administration to focus on infrastructure and transportation. In welcoming the President-elect and new House and Senate members, Stertil-Koni urges them to focus on investment in the United States infrastructure,” concluded DellAmore. “This could be a big win for all Americans.”
Stertil-Koni, a brand of the Stertil Group, is the global market leader in heavy duty vehicle lifts – bus lifts and truck lifts – and is the preferred supplier to the world’s leading companies in the truck and bus industries. Stertil-Koni's breadth of products meets all ranges of lifting needs and includes mobile column lifts, two-post, four-post, in-ground piston lifts, platform lifts, half-scissors and its innovative axle-engaging, in-ground, scissor lift configuration, ECOLIFT. The DIAMOND LIFT is now available in a “frame” version, engineered specifically for concrete foundations and ideal for replacement situations. Stertil-Koni USA is headquartered in Stevensville, Maryland. Stertil-Koni has production facilities in Europe, in The Netherlands, and in the USA in Streator, Illinois.
- TSD Speakers Share Positive Student Engagement Tips
- NYSBCA Calls for School Bus Safety Knowledge Requirement with NY State Driver License Applicants
- #TSD2018 Final Days of Training in Pictures
- Microsoft Pursues Rural School Bus Internet Via TVWS Tech
- Mahle Service Solutions Introduces New ShopPRO Commercial Wireless Mobile Column Lifts