MADEIRA, Ohio — School Bus Driver Ross Hamre of school bus contractor Petermann Bus, won first place at the Ohio School Bus Road-e-o.
The competition provides the opportunity for school bus drivers from across Ohio to put their driving skills to the test. The purpose of the event is to increase the safety and operational skills of school bus drivers, and recognize to their driving abilities.
“This is a great accomplishment for any school bus driver, but especially Ross as a newer bus driver. He began driving for the Petermann family back in February of 2016,” said Kathy Moses, general manager of Petermann Bus. “Ross is an outstanding driver, and represents the rigorous training and commitment to safety that’s instilled in our team members.”
Ross qualified for the 47th Annual School Bus Driver International Safety Competition held July 16 in Indianapolis in conjunction with the National School Transportation Association Annual Convention.
During the third week in April, school bus drivers compete in regional competitions for the chance to participate in the state-wide Road-e-o. The Ohio School Bus Road-e-o is held every May.
Latest from Nathan Tuvalu
- TransPar Group of Companies Hires Longtime Industry Leader to Join Team
- NYAPT Endorses Drug and Alcohol Testing Legislation
- Patti Royce-Moser Named Vice President of Operations at Educational Bus Transportation
- LiquidSpring Set to Exhibit Two Events on CLASS Suspension Systems for Buses
- Wabtec Corporation Appoints Donald M. Itzkoff as Vice President, Government Relations and Public Affairs