ALEXANDRIA, Va. — The National School Transportation Association (NSTA) will host the 47th Annual School Bus Driver International Safety Competition on July 16, 2017, at Hamilton Southeastern Schools in Fishers, Indiana. This event is being held in conjunction with NSTA’s 53rd Annual Meeting & Convention.
This competition presents school bus drivers from across the United States and Canada with the opportunity to showcase their knowledge and skills and to compete for an international title. On Saturday, July 15th contestants will begin with a written exam testing their understanding of the rules of the road. On Sunday, July 16th drivers will get behind the wheel of a school bus and complete the road course; competing in one of three categories: conventional, small bus, or transit.
“The safety competition is our best event of the year as it recognizes the most outstanding school bus drivers from across the US and Canada. School buses are the safest form of transportation available and this record is in large part because of the industry’s top priority of training and attention to safety. These top competitors really are the best-of-the-best and we are honored to sponsor this competition again this year,” said Todd Monteferrario, NSTA President.
Winners and their contractor companies are acknowledged on Sunday evening at NSTA’s Dinner and Awards Ceremony, sponsored by IC Bus. Banquet festivities will be held at the Hilton Indianapolis Hotel.
- Convicted Chattanooga School Bus Driver Charged With Statutory Rape
- Calif. County Grand Jury Calls for New School Bus Program
- Propane School Bus Registrations Jumped 700 Percent
- Fired Facebook Critic of ‘Horrible School Bus Drivers’ Wins Lawsuit & Job Back
- Atlanta School Bus Driver Fired for Texting & Driving
Latest from Nathan Tuvalu
- New York State School Bus Safety Legislation Advances
- Educational Bus Transportation Driver Vicky Jarvis Named ‘Nassau NYAPT Driver of the Year’
- June 2018
- Tyler Technologies’ Student Transportation Solutions Selected for Cooperative Purchasing in Arizona
- DTNA Expands Supply Chain Network with New Parts Distribution Center