SCHENECTADY, N.Y. – Transfinder Corp. announced today at the New York Association for Pupil Transportation conference, the release of its latest product, Routefinder GO, an app specifically developed and designed for smartphones and tablets.
Routefinder GO, available for iOS and Adroid devices, provides school transportation departments access to critical information anytime at anywhere.
Transfinder was the first company in the industry to develop a mobile app nearly a decade ago. GO represents another milestone in Transfinder’s approach to product development: platform-specific solutions based on the unique benefits of smartphones, tablets and desktops.
“Routefinder GO represents the new direction Transfinder is headed, creating products that are platform-specific,” said Transfinder President and CEO Antonio Civitella. “In this case, GO is designed to work on smartphones and tablets. We are leveraging the built-in functionality of these smart devices, such as camera and messaging technology, to provide the most powerful products.”
Civitella pointed to Facebook and LinkedIn as examples of companies whose products are optimize when using a desktop, tablet or smartphone.
“We know our clients have different needs at different times,” Civitella said. “As a sophisticated technology company, we also know that attempting to create a product that works across all platforms is missing a major opportunity. We are creating products specific to our clients’ needs— for desktops, smartphones or tablets.”
With GO, users can:
• Easily view any data in a detailed view, whether on a grid or map;
• View and take real-time attendance;
• Substitute vehicles, drivers or bus aides on demand.
This new product replaces Transfinder’s Infofinder mobile, which was the company’s first mobile app. The solution includes technology that has been embedded in other recent releases, such as Viewfinder, Selfiefinder and the most recent release, Cityfinder.
GO users can also:
• Quickly identify or analyze data in a specific area;
• Share critical information with staff and administration.
To learn more, visit: http://www.transfinder.com/solutions/Routefinder_GO.
Founded in 1988 and headquartered in Schenectady, New York, Transfinder is a national leader in intelligent transportation systems, providing transportation management systems and services to school districts, municipalities and adult care facilities. Transfinder, an Inc. magazine “fastest-growing company” for the past ten straight years, has offices in Austin, Texas, and Shanghai, China. The software company develops and supports routing and scheduling solutions for optimal transportation
Latest from Ryan Gray
- Superior Energy VP Receives National Propane Gas Association Safety Award
- School Bus Aide Arrested When Video Shows Assault on Student
- JVCKENWOOD Announces Nationwide NEXEDGE® System Interactive Map
- Clean Energy Shareholders Overwhelmingly Approve Total’s Equity Investment
- Eaton Cummins Procision Transmission Has Better Performance, Lower Costs