CINCINNATI — Petermann Bus’s team was recently given the “Good Neighbor Award” by the American Red Cross, Greater Cincinnati-Ohio River Valley. The award is presented to a company, individual or organization for having made a significant humanitarian contribution to the local, national or international community in support of the Red Cross.
More than 600 volunteers and the American Red Cross staff boarded Petermann buses and were taken to nine neighborhoods in the greater Cincinnati area for the “A Cause for Alarms: Mega Blitz 2017” event. The mission was to install more than 1,000 smoke alarms for families in need.
Petermann donated 12 buses and driver time to safely transport excited staff and volunteers.
“Petermann shares our value of safety and has shown a commitment to making the community safer for everyone,” said Patricia Mann Smitson, regional CEO of American Red Cross Greater Cincinnati – Dayton Region. “The drivers went above and beyond providing a safe ride; they made our event truly enjoyable for all of our volunteers. It made all the difference.”
A Cause for Alarms is part of a larger effort by the Red Cross to eliminate home fire tragedies by installing free smoke alarms in area homes. In addition to large events such as A Cause for Alarms, the Red Cross regularly canvasses neighborhoods throughout the Tri-State area, and installs alarms in homes of those who request them
“The Red Cross’s efforts are truly remarkable and align with our core values of safety, people, customer, community and excellence,” said Jim Ring, region manager for Petermann. “We’re happy to support such a great organization, and are humbled by this recognition.”
About our company
Durham School Services, Stock Transportation, Petermann Bus and National Express Transit Corporation, make up National Express LLC, headquartered in Lisle, Ill. As a leader in transit and student transportation, National Express is committed to exceptional safety, outstanding customer service and positive employee relations. Our North American companies operate 23,000 buses and serve over 500 partners in 38 states and four provinces.
- School Bus Contractor STI Posts 6-Percent Growth for FY2017
- GO Riteway Participates in Wisconsin Operation Safe Stop Week
- Bond Reduced for School Bus Driver in Chattanooga Crash Case
- District, Contractor Sued Over Alleged Rape on School Bus
- Navistar's Troy Clarke Testifies on Behalf of Trucking Industry at Senate Committee Hearing
Latest from Ryan Gray
- Thomas Displays Saf-t-Liner C2 Powered by DD5 Engine at NACV
- Navistar, VW Truck & Bus Announce Truck Electrification
- N.Y. School Bus Driver Embroils Himself in Transgender Issue
- Zonar Integrates Continental’s ContiPressureCheck to Maximize Tire Safety, Affordability
- NY State Dept. of Ed. Names Interim Transportation Director