Mexico City – In order to serve the strategically important Mexican bus market, Eberspaecher has strengthened its activities with a new plant in Monterrey.
The opening ceremony on 30 August, in the presence of Fernando Turner Dávila, Secretary of Economy and Labor of the state of Nuevo León and other representatives from politics and economy, the Eberspaecher general management, together with guests and employees, celebrated the official start of production for bus AC systems.
“We are very proud to serve our customers from now on with locally made products”, said Mauricio Salgado, General Manager of Eberspaecher Climate Control Systems Mexico. Proximity to local customers was a key point in the decision for the site. Salgado continued: “With this new plant we will be able to improve our competitiveness – with reduced lead times and increased flexibility for our customers in Mexico, Central America and Northern South America.
The new site is located in Parque Industrial Kalos, in the western part of the City of Monterrey. In addition to production and storage, the 3,300-square-meter facility houses offices for purchasing and administration. The decision for the city of Monterrey was made based on its strong industrial infrastructure and the availability of suppliers with extensive knowledge of the automotive industry.
Around 80 employees work for the Mexican branch of the German Eberspaecher Group. In Monterrey, the thermal management experts manufacture AC353G4 and AC343 air-conditioning systems as well as various split systems, creating around 20 new jobs. Until now, the Eberspaecher's Mexican activities were carried out in Mexico City. The existing office location will focus on sales and aftersales activities and remains, together with application and product development, close to the operations of important customers, body builders and OEM´s. With the new site, Eberspaecher expands its bus and coach thermal management production facilities to five – with plants in Germany, Poland, Brazil, Mexico and India.
The Eberspaecher Group is one of the world´s leading system developers and suppliers of exhaust technology, vehicle heaters and bus air conditioning systems. Eberspaecher is also a professional innovation partner for the automotive industry in air conditioning of special-purpose vehicles and in automotive electronics. Customers include almost all European and North American, and increasingly more Asian manufacturers of passenger cars and commercial vehicles. In 2016, the internationally positioned group, with more than 9,000 employees, posted sales of over 4.3 billion Euros.
- Transfinder Announces 20th Straight Year of Revenue Growth
- South Carolina Legislature Overrides School Bus Funding Veto
- Student Safety Prioritized Amid Winter Challenges
- Calif. Unveils New Child Reminder Regulation for School Buses
- 'Continuous Recess' Technology in Inground Heavy-Duty Piston Lift Showcased in New Stertil-Koni Video
Latest from Nathan Tuvalu
- TransPar Group of Companies Hires Longtime Industry Leader to Join Team
- NYAPT Endorses Drug and Alcohol Testing Legislation
- Patti Royce-Moser Named Vice President of Operations at Educational Bus Transportation
- LiquidSpring Set to Exhibit Two Events on CLASS Suspension Systems for Buses
- Wabtec Corporation Appoints Donald M. Itzkoff as Vice President, Government Relations and Public Affairs