ACC Climate Control and Vanner Inc. have partnered to design Revolution, patented technology that eliminates engine high-idle, reduces fuel consumption, and significantly lowers school bus air-conditioning maintenance costs.
Revolution’s greatest pupil benefit is 100% ZERO EMISSION operation in school zones. The driver has full functionality of air-conditioning, wheelchair lifts, radios, etc. with the ENGINE OFF, eliminating harmful engine emissions that are detrimental to children’s health.
Revolution has been in development since 2014, and is based on a technology concept that Vanner has deployed in thousands of transit buses since 2012.
Fleet field pilots will start the summer of 2018. If you feel your district will benefit from this affordable green technology, contact your Vanner or ACC representative asap to discuss the field pilot program, pilot slots are filling up quickly.
- Congressional Bill Targets School Bus Improvements Sought by NTSB
- California Governor Vetoes Bill to Delay School Start Times
- Oregon District Trains Kindergartners on School Bus Safety
- School Bus Driver Killed in Crash Remembered for ‘Huge Heart’
- School Bus Child Passenger Safety Training at TSD Conference