NOVI MI — Prestolite Electric has launched the PowerPro™ 7.5, an all-new 24V, 7.5kW starter motor as part of the premium PowerPro family of replacement starters from Leece-Neville® Heavy Duty Systems. Designed for use in diesel engines up to 16L, the new in-line, gear reduction starter offers industry-leading starting performance at a favorable price.
PowerPro 7.5 high-torque, high-power starters are engineered to meet the needs of demanding heavy duty, medium duty, off-highway, agricultural and bus applications. An ideal replacement for use in AGCO Power, Caterpillar, Cummins, Detroit, John Deere, Mercedes-Benz, Perkins, Volvo and other popular engine models, each starter offers consistent, high-output power in a small, lightweight package.
“Like other offerings in the PowerPro family, the PowerPro 7.5 is engineered to deliver a combination of premium performance and exceptional value,” said Jonathan Smith, assistant director of aftermarket sales and marketing, Prestolite. “It offers a host of built-in technologies designed to ensure reliability under extreme conditions, leading to reduced maintenance costs, increased vehicle uptime and improved ROI for our customers.”
The PowerPro 7.5 includes Prestolite’s Integral Mag Switch (IMS) technology, which helps to eliminate voltage drop issues by minimizing wiring between the relay and solenoid. Other key features include an electrical soft start system designed to prevent ring gear damage, rotatable flange for added versatility and a sealed, nose-less design to protect against dust, oil, water and other contaminates.
100-Percent New PowerPro 7.5 Starters
- 24V, 7.5kW starting power
- Operating temperature range from -40° to 120°C (-40° to 248°F)
- Weighs less than 29 pounds (13kg)
- IMS technology to eliminate voltage drop
- Rotatable flange for more versatility and less inventory
- Oil sealed for wet clutch applications
- Optional Overcrank Protection feature protects the motor in any operating condition
About Prestolite Electric, Inc.
The Prestolite and Leece-Neville product line includes high-output alternators and gear reduction starter motors for on- and off-highway trucks, military applications, mining vehicles, school and city buses, motor coaches and other uses. The company has received certificates of registration to the ISO/TS 16949:2009 Quality Management and ISO 14001:2004 Environmental Management systems.
Prestolite is a division of Broad-Ocean Motors, a global supplier of high-tech, high-quality motors, alternators and starters to multiple markets, including appliance, air handling and commercial transportation.
- Christmas Parades Highlighted by Ornately Decorated School Buses
- 6th Grader Shares Story of School Bus ‘Hit-and-Run’ and Viral Note
- Proposed NYC Bill Calls for All-Electric School Buses
- ‘No Engine, No Problem;’ Segment on Good Day Sacramento Features Lion Electric
- Mother of Boy Killed in Indiana Bus Crash Files Lawsuit