Virginia’s Bus Co. has announced expansion into the Greater Richmond market, with plans to open a new sales and service center in Hanover County this summer.
Sonny Merryman, Inc. is the state’s largest and most experienced bus dealer. The company provides buses and vehicles across numerous transportation sectors including education, mass and community transit, health care, senior living, churches, charter/limousine, youth development, child care, and more. Headquartered in Central Virginia near Lynchburg, the company also operates sales and service centers in Hampton Roads (Chesapeake) and Northern Virginia (Manassas).
The new Richmond area facility will be located in the Hanover Airpark near the I-95/I-295 interchange in Ashland. “Expansion into the Richmond area is only natural for our company,” says Sonny Merryman, Inc. President & CEO, Floyd Merryman, Illinois. “We have been fortunate to build and maintain a strong and loyal customer base in Richmond for many years. We are delighted we can now reward that loyalty with convenient local customer support.” In addition to strengthening existing business relationships, the company’s presence in the Richmond market is expected to attract new opportunities.
The company will initially hire 8-10 new employees, and intends to add to the workforce as business demands increase. Currently, the company, which recently celebrated its 50th anniversary, employs more than 140 people statewide.
- New Ohio Conference Center Hosts Blue Bird School Bus Event
- N.J. Lawmakers Hold Hearing on School Bus Safety
- Howard Bus Services Takes First Delivery Of IC Bus® Gasoline School Buses
- Convicted Chattanooga School Bus Driver Charged With Statutory Rape
- N. California Grand Jury Calls for New School Bus Program
Latest from Nathan Tuvalu
- New York State School Bus Safety Legislation Advances
- Educational Bus Transportation Driver Vicky Jarvis Named ‘Nassau NYAPT Driver of the Year’
- June 2018
- Tyler Technologies’ Student Transportation Solutions Selected for Cooperative Purchasing in Arizona
- DTNA Expands Supply Chain Network with New Parts Distribution Center