Dafo Brand AB in Sweden has decided to separate its vehicle fire detection and suppression operations from its core fire safety equipment business. Dafo Vehicle Fire Protection AB will begin operation starting July 1, 2018.
“The purpose of this change is to more closely focus on the long-term continuous development of the vehicle operation in the light of global growth and customer requirements,” says Business Unit Manager Johan Balstad.
Balstad continues, “A separate legal entity will make it easier to acquire required skills, resources and capital to facilitate the development of Dafo Vehicle Fire Protection AB. In addition, as part of this growth, the US operations are run through our subsidiary Dafo US which will strengthen our position in North America.”
Dafo Vehicle Fire Protection AB supplies fire detection and suppression systems for buses and coaches, mining and construction equipment, forestry and waste handling equipment, plus material and cargo handling.
Dafo Brand AB is the leading supplier to the fire services in Sweden, and also Sweden’s biggest supplier of on-board extinguishing systems with more than 100 dealers offering fitting and servicing capacity all over Sweden, and a large international network. With 160 employees, Dafo has revenues of SEK 370 million per annum. The head office is in Stockholm County (Tyresö). Visit: www.dafo-vehicle.com
- Fleet Financing Resources Joins Marlin Business Solutions
- Blue Bird Tender Offer to Buy up to $50 Million of its Capital Stock at $28
- Detroit Diesel Remanufacturing & Bosh Celebrate 10-Year Anniversary of North America Fuel Systems Remanufacturing
- U.S. is Now the No. 1 Crude Oil Producer in the World
- IC Bus Finishes 11th Year of Tech Training