CINCINNATI — First Transit has announced the appointment of Mark Elias as region VP of operations, effective August 1. In this role, Elias will focus on operations in the Northwest U.S. region.
“Mark is a highly accomplished transportation executive with extensive experience in fixed-route, paratransit, school bus, and airport and university shuttle operations,” said Beverly Edwards, COO for First Transit, a leader in mobility solutions. “His leadership and dedicated focus on the needs of customers make him an excellent addition to our team.”
Elias has more than 15 years of transportation experience in operations management, finance, legal, labor negotiations, technology innovation, customer engagement and leadership. He most recently was COO at Tire Disposal & Recycling. Prior to that, he was with MV Transportation Inc.
Elias received a bachelor’s degree in history from the University of Oregon.
- GCR Tires & Service Hires New Dir. of Marketing & Merchandising
- NTSB Names Landsberg as Next Vice Chair
- National School Transportation Association Announces 2018 Industry Award Winners
- Photos: Why You Don’t Want to Miss STN’s EXPO
- Texas District Names Industry Leader Bill Powell as Asst. Superintendent
Latest from David George
- Miraculously Nobody Killed in Latest N.J. School Bus Crash
- Lawsuit Alleges Colorado Foster Care Law Hurts Transportation
- School Bombing Incidents Course Planned for Galveston, Texas
- First Student Awarded Ventura County Office of Education Contract
- 2019 Industry Events Calendar—Free Listings Are Invited