Ross Bus and Equipment Sales in Alexandria, La., was named Blue Bird's 2011 Dealer of the Year and Best in Region for the south-central U.S. earlier this month for "significantly" growing market share and providing customers with a high level of support. The school bus manufacturer also recognized more than 20 other dealers for their success over the past year.
“Blue Bird Dealers are recognized as some of the very best in the industry. Throughout 2011, Ross Bus and Equipment Sales demonstrated leadership and provided a high-level of customer service to the state of Louisiana. It is with great pleasure that we award Ross Bus and Equipment Sales as the 2011 Dealer of the Year,” said Dale Wendell, global vice president of sales and marketing.
Other regional "Best in Bus" award winners were M.A. Brightbill Body Works in Lebanon, Pa. (Northeast), Cardinal Bus Sales and Service in Lima, Ohio (Midwest), Western Bus Sales in Boring, Ore. (West) and Elder Equipment Leasing, Inc., in Casper Wyo. (Canada/Northern Plains).
Six dealers received Blue Bird Service Awards for years of partnership with Blue Bird, led by School Bus Sales in Waterloo, Iowa, at 50 years. Other winners were: Ross Bus of Oklahoma City, Okla. (15 years); Nebraska/Central Equipment (20 years); Cardinal Bus Sales and Service in Lima, Ohio (30 years); Blue Bird Bus Sales of Pittsburgh (40 years); and School Lines, Inc., in Branford, Conn. (45 years). These companies also won "Best in Bus" awards.
Rounding out the "Best in Bus" winners were the following companies representing the following regions:
- Northeast - Bird Bus Sales; New York Bus Sales (Chittenango, N.Y.)
- Midwest - Central State Bus Sales (North Little Rock, Ark.); Holland Motor Homes and Bus Company (Holland, Mich.)
- Southeast/Central - Florida Transportation Systems (Tampa, Fla.); Kansas Truck Equipment Co. (Wichita, Kan.); Yancey Bus Sales (Austell, Ga.)
- West - A-Z Bus Sales (Colton, Calif.); Bryson Sales and Service (Centerville, Utah); Bryson Sales and Service (Renton, Wash.); Colorado/West Equipment (Henderson, Colol); Rush Bus Centers (San Antonio, Texas)
- Canada/Northern Plains - A. Girardin (Drummondville, Quebec); Trailercraft, Inc. (Anchorage, Alaska)
Editor's note — Colorado/West Equipment was inadvertently left out of the "Best in Bus" listing in an earlier version of this article. STN regrets any confusion this omission caused.
- DTNA Brings Vocational, Electric Solutions to the IAA 2018
- Vehicle Lifts Must Pass Tougher Testing to Earn ALI Gold Label
- Detroit Diesel Remanufacturing & Bosh Celebrate 10-Year Anniversary of North America Fuel Systems Remanufacturing
- IC Bus Finishes 11th Year of Tech Training
- Navistar Reports Third Quarter 2018 Results