Barry Sudduth took over as National Association for Pupil Transportation president during industry conferences in Columbus, Ohio and was joined on the board by Rick Grisham, the 2017 STN Leadership Award winner and executive director of transportation for Cobb County School District in Georgia.
Steve Simmons, formerly the director of transportation for hometown Columbus City Schools before retiring last year, was voted in as president-elect. His two-year term as president of the association would begin in November 2019.
Another local Ohio resident, Toledo City Schools Director of Transportation Brad Aemissegger, was voted onto the board as Region 3 director.
Meanwhile, Dwight Gleeves of Hydrotex, a developer of vehicle lubricants and fuel improvers, won re-election as affiliate member director.
- Iowa Lawmakers Mull School Bus Funding, Ride Times
- Westmatic Announces Christian Jordan as New Director of Operations
- NASRO Prefers Trained SROs in Schools Over Armed Teachers
- DOJ Told More Funding Needed for School Resource Officers
- Bendix Honors Trio of Employees with Company's Highest Individual Achievement Award