Dana, Inc., a provider of “highly engineered solutions for improving the efficiency, performance, and sustainability of powered vehicles,” has been in business since 1904 and has worked for over 25 years with school bus manufacturer Blue Bird Corp.
“Dana earned this top honor by introducing new products that align with Blue Bird’s commitment to safety, quality, durability, and serviceability, while also exceeding on-time delivery goals, delivering cost-saving initiatives, and providing exceptional parts and service support,” reveals an official statement.
Dana provides Blue Bird with drivetrain products, including single-drive axles, driveshafts and end yokes. Dana also offers parts and service support “to help fleet managers maximize the performance of their buses,” said the statement.
Phil Horlock, Blue Bird’s president and CEO, spoke about the “shared commitment” that both companies have for “delivering innovative, market-leading technologies” toward the goal of increased safety for school children.
Dana’s Executive VP, Mark Wallace, reiterated that view. "As a past recipient of several Outstanding Supplier awards from Blue Bird, Dana’s top position as 2017 Supplier of the Year is a testament to our strong relationship with this leading manufacturer," he said.
- DTNA Brings Vocational, Electric Solutions to the IAA 2018
- Bitimec’s Cost-Effective Wash-Bots Win Over School Bus Operators
- Vehicle Lifts Must Pass Tougher Testing to Earn ALI Gold Label
- Detroit Diesel Remanufacturing & Bosh Celebrate 10-Year Anniversary of North America Fuel Systems Remanufacturing
- U.S. is Now the No. 1 Crude Oil Producer in the World