The New York School Bus Contractors Association recognized state Sen. Jeff Klein as legislator of the year. He advocated for bills that would increase penalties for motorists who illegally pass stopped school buses, and exempt private school bus companies from paying sales tax on school bus and equipment purchases.
NYSBCA honored Klein on Oct. 14 during the association’s 63rd Annual Convention with a Distinguished Service Award for “unmatched commitment to the Association’s mission to provide the safest, most reliable and cost-effective student transportation possible.”
Bree Allen, NYSBCA’s president, called Klein “a true champion” of school bus safety and a “key ally” in the New York State Legislature.
Klein, a Democrat, represents New York’s 34th senate district in the Bronx and Westchester County. He currently serves as Senate Coalition co-leader, and leader of the Independent Democratic Conference, which he founded in 2011.
“It’s an honor to receive the New York School Bus Contractors Association’s Distinguished Service Award and to be named their Legislator of the Year,” he said in a statement. “The true people who deserve recognition are their members who safely get 1.2 million children to school on time—in over 300 school districts across this state. Safe school transportation will always be a priority, and I look forward to working with NYSBCA and all stakeholders in the upcoming legislative session.”
- Convicted Chattanooga School Bus Driver Charged With Statutory Rape
- School Bus on Field Trip Overturns on New Jersey Highway
- Fired Facebook Critic of ‘Horrible School Bus Drivers’ Wins Lawsuit & Job Back
- Atlanta School Bus Driver Fired for Texting & Driving
- $94M Funded for Electric, CNG School Buses in California
Latest from Ryan Gray
- Superior Energy VP Receives National Propane Gas Association Safety Award
- School Bus Aide Arrested When Video Shows Assault on Student
- JVCKENWOOD Announces Nationwide NEXEDGE® System Interactive Map
- Clean Energy Shareholders Overwhelmingly Approve Total’s Equity Investment
- Eaton Cummins Procision Transmission Has Better Performance, Lower Costs