A new Type D transit-style school bus option will soon greet customers as IC Bus announced an updated RE Series.
A spokesman at parent company Navistar confirmed Thursday that orders are currently being taken and are being fulfilled.
The model features the 300-horsepower Cummins L9 engine with 800 pounds per foot of torque. IC Bus said the diesel engine offers the best power-to-weight ratio in its class. The bus is also equipped with OnCommand Connection remote diagnostics.
Also new to the RE Series is purpose-built school bus camera technology from Rosco Vision Systems that both companies said functions as a commercial application compared to an automotive solution.
Additionally, the RE Series offers increased comfort for the driver and student passengers, alike. While the bus provides improved accessibility to panels for the driver, it also increases passenger capacity via four wheel-base options for customers.
Meanwhile, a more comfortable BTI seating system developed by IMMI/SafeGuard is available with or without lap-shoulder seat belts and new windows are easier to open while also preventing leaks from outside elements.
“At IC Bus, we are making significant investments in our product portfolio with the goal of offering our customers different and better options that help them meet their school transportation business needs,” said Trish Reed, VP/GM for the OEM. “We are confident that this bus will be loved by both drivers and fleet owners and operators, for its remarkable ease of driving, maintenance and service.”
- Transfinder Releases Free 'Industry-Changing' Wayfinder App
- NJ Driver Acts Quickly When School Bus Catches Fire
- New Ohio Conference Center Hosts Blue Bird School Bus Event
- Technology Concerns Stall Implementation of FMCSA Rule
- Fired Facebook Critic of ‘Horrible School Bus Drivers’ Wins Lawsuit & Job Back
Latest from Ryan Gray
- STN EXPO Indianapolis Announced at Indiana State Conference
- Superior Energy VP Receives National Propane Gas Association Safety Award
- School Bus Aide Arrested When Video Shows Assault on Student
- JVCKENWOOD Announces Nationwide NEXEDGE® System Interactive Map
- Clean Energy Shareholders Overwhelmingly Approve Total’s Equity Investment