Midwest Transit Equipment announced it now holds the distribution rights for IC Bus school buses and products in Michigan following the purchase of a local dealer.
Terms of the deal were not disclosed in a release on Monday.
Midwest Transit said its affiliate, Capital City Acquisition Corp., completed the deal with Capital City Bus Sales, located in Lansing, Mich. Capital City Bus said it holds the largest dealer network in the state, while also offering the largest parts inventory and most certified technicians.
John McKinney, former president of Navistar’s Global Bus division, acquired all Midwest Transit stock last June. This past March, IC Bus recognized Midwest Transit as a finalist for its 2017 North American dealer of the year award.
In business for 41 years, Midwest Transit is one the largest bus distributors in the U.S., with operations also located in Illinois, Indiana, Kansas and Mississippi.
- Three at Cummins Receive SWE International Awards for STEM
- Blue Bird Corp. Preliminary Results on Successful Tender Offer
- Navistar Repays $200 Million in Convertible Notes
- New Rotary Lift Heavy-Duty Two-Post Lifts have Greater Capacity
- Educational Bus Transportation Sponsors N.Y. Friends of the Poor Walk/Run