The New York City Transit is purchasing 400 paratransit buses from Collins Bus, after the subsidiary of REV Group won a contract for its largest commercial order in company history.
Collins won the bid this month. It first opened in the fall of 2016.
New York City Transit is a new customer for Collins. The agency is purchasing the single-rear wheel, flexible, 20-foot length buses with 138-inch wheelbases and wheelchair lifts.
“We are incredibly excited to be working with the New York City Transit,” said Matt Scheuler, general manager of Collins Bus. “It is a privilege to provide Collins buses to such a storied organization and it’s a perfect representation of our commitment to accessibility for passengers of all abilities.”
Last year, Collins celebrated its 50th anniversary with the launch of a new low-floor bus for the school segment at the 2017 STN EXPO. Collins fine-tuned the bus after receiving industry feedback, and featured it again at TSD Conference in March and at last week’s STN EXPO in Reno, Nevada.
- AMF-Bruns Announces 1st Annual National Special-Needs School Bus Driver Of The Year Award
- Agility Fuels Acquisition Expected to Drive New Solutions
- How Parents and School Bus Drivers Can Calm Autistic Students
- Propane School Bus Funding Discussed Amid Hike in Calif. Sales Tax
- Build a Best-Practice Alternative Transportation RFP