A Connecticut school bus driver was arrested after leaving a 6-year-old student alone on board the vehicle in 80-degree heat, reports the Hartford Courant.
Police charted Guillermo Garcia with risk of injury to a child and second-degree reckless endangerment for the incident that occurred in June. Garcia allegedly did not see the boy was sleeping after dropping off other students and drove back to the depot.
The boy’s parents called police to report their son was missing. Meanwhile a transportation company employee heard the boy crying on the bus. Police said the boy was on the bus alone for approximately 30 minutes.
- NTSB’s Hart Provides Insights from School Bus Crash Investigations
- Student Transportation Company Enters Ride Share Market
- ACC Climate Control and Vanner Inc. unveil Revolutionary Technology for School Buses at NAPT Conference
- Beauty and Brains: "Little Miss Antelope Valley" Saves School Bus Driver
- Industry Officials Learn Parent Perspectives on School Buses, Drivers