A Connecticut school bus driver was arrested after leaving a 6-year-old student alone on board the vehicle in 80-degree heat, reports the Hartford Courant.
Police charted Guillermo Garcia with risk of injury to a child and second-degree reckless endangerment for the incident that occurred in June. Garcia allegedly did not see the boy was sleeping after dropping off other students and drove back to the depot.
The boy’s parents called police to report their son was missing. Meanwhile a transportation company employee heard the boy crying on the bus. Police said the boy was on the bus alone for approximately 30 minutes.
Latest from Ryan Gray
- Thomas Displays Saf-t-Liner C2 Powered by DD5 Engine at NACV
- Navistar, VW Truck & Bus Announce Truck Electrification
- N.Y. School Bus Driver Embroils Himself in Transgender Issue
- Zonar Integrates Continental’s ContiPressureCheck to Maximize Tire Safety, Affordability
- NY State Dept. of Ed. Names Interim Transportation Director