Hurricane Jose and Katia have developed as Category 5 Irma continues to gain momentum and take aim on Florida, Alabama Media reports.
The National Hurricane Center has said Jose will become a category 3 by Friday heading northwest from the Lesser Antilles area. It’s projected Jose will less likely impact the same areas as Irma since it will veer more north after grazing by the Carribean islands. Hurricane advisories have been issued to residents of the Leeward and Virgin Islands for careful watch of Jose.
Aside from Jose, Hurricane Katia was located 215 miles east-southeast of Tampico, Mexico as of 10 a.m. CDT Thursday and has yet had any significant movement. Katia is expected to intensify as a category 3 throughout the weekend as it reaches landfall along Mexico’s gulf coast.
Latest from Nathan Tuvalu
- Alabama Five-Year-Old Gets Left for Hours on Cold School Bus
- TransPar Group of Companies Hires Longtime Industry Leader to Join Team
- NYAPT Endorses Drug and Alcohol Testing Legislation
- Patti Royce-Moser Named Vice President of Operations at Educational Bus Transportation
- LiquidSpring Set to Exhibit Two Events on CLASS Suspension Systems for Buses