A different kind of school bus fire occurred in Independence, Missouri after a student’s cell phone erupted into flames, reports Fox4KC.com.
The passenger’s iPhone began to smoke during a route on Sept. 29, and the student dropped it to the floor and notified the bus driver. Meanwhile, another student stomped on the phone to try and put out the resuting fire.
That student then picked up the phone to throw it off the bus, and in the process sustained minor burns, said the City of Independence via Twitter.
No other injuries were reported.
- Liability Cap Affirmed in Fatal Train-School Bus Collision
- Mobile Create USA Announces Nationwide IP Radio System with GPS Mapping
- NYSBCA Calls for School Bus Safety Knowledge Requirement with NY State Driver License Applicants
- SafeStop School Bus App Reports Another Year of Growth
- Arson Investigated at N. C. School Bus Barn