Reports indicate that the school bus driver veered off road and hit a tree. All 21 passengers were taken to the hospital. Cambria, 5, was pronounced dead at the scene of the accident.
In his moving eulogy to his daughter on Saturday, Kris Shuman said, “When I sleep, I see her. And she’s happy. Happy as a clam.”
Cambria is survived by her mother, father, stepmother, stepfather, three sisters, a brother and several grandparents.
Officials described that the investigation continues as they review the driving record of Evelyn Ramirez, 62-year-old who operated the school bus the day of the crash.
- New All-Electric Type C School Buses Arrive in New York
- New Ohio Conference Center Hosts Blue Bird School Bus Event
- N.J. Legislature Holds Hearing on Bus Safety; School Board Approves Upgraded Belts
- Howard Bus Services Takes First Delivery Of IC Bus® Gasoline School Buses
- Convicted Chattanooga School Bus Driver Charged With Statutory Rape
Latest from Nathan Tuvalu
- New York State School Bus Safety Legislation Advances
- Educational Bus Transportation Driver Vicky Jarvis Named ‘Nassau NYAPT Driver of the Year’
- June 2018
- Tyler Technologies’ Student Transportation Solutions Selected for Cooperative Purchasing in Arizona
- DTNA Expands Supply Chain Network with New Parts Distribution Center