Reports indicate that the school bus driver veered off road and hit a tree. All 21 passengers were taken to the hospital. Cambria, 5, was pronounced dead at the scene of the accident.
In his moving eulogy to his daughter on Saturday, Kris Shuman said, “When I sleep, I see her. And she’s happy. Happy as a clam.”
Cambria is survived by her mother, father, stepmother, stepfather, three sisters, a brother and several grandparents.
Officials described that the investigation continues as they review the driving record of Evelyn Ramirez, 62-year-old who operated the school bus the day of the crash.
- Fauquier County Public Schools District Adds Real-Time School Bus Tracking
- New Jersey Gov. Murphy Signs School Bus Safety Legislation
- Experts Advise Hard Stance to Prevent School Bus Crossing Deaths
- Christmas Parades Feature Candy-Lighted School Buses
- Students Who Know School Bus Safety Make the Bus Safer