KOMO News reports that Seattle school bus drivers represented by the Teamsters union acquired new contract with First this past Saturday. Drivers approved the contract with a 97 percent vote and resumed school bus service today.
Prior to their striking success, Local 174 school bus union initially went on strike February 1 to dispute health coverage and pensions.
First Student’s lead negotiator Kim Mingo detailed in her statement that First Student is very pleased by the drivers vote to “expanded benefits program included with their contract.”
“We looks forward to resuming the reliable transportation that First Student is known for, and that Seattle Public Schools families depend on, on Monday,” Mingo stated.
Latest from Nathan Tuvalu
- NYSBCA Calls on Legislature to Increase Fines for Illegal School Bus Passing
- Eaton Announces New Authorized Rebuilder in North America
- Bendix Honors Trio of Employees with Company's Highest Individual Achievement Award
- DATTCO Receives Prestigious Safety Award from International Motorcoach Group
- Student Transportation Inc. Reports Fiscal 2018 Second Quarter Results