WSOCTV.com reports that police in Union County, North Carolina arrested a local school bus driver for allegedly posting a threat on Facebook toward middle school staff.
Lashaunda Hooker Beachum, 32, faces two felony charges of making false reports concerning mass violence on educational property. Police say Beachum created a fake profile on Facebook. He allegedly posted threats early on March 2 toward four staff members of Porter Ridge Middle School, by threatening to shoot up the campus.
Union County Public Schools fired Beachum later that same day. She started driving for district on Jan. 3.
A local reporter Tweeted that police continued to investigate whether Beachum used a student's picture for the fake profile.
Latest from Ryan Gray
- Seon Launches New Path Route Operations Software
- Thomas Built Buses Makes Electronic Stability Control Standard Feature
- Thomas Built Buses Debuts Pedestrian Detection Prototype at STN EXPO
- Transfinder to Release Groundbreaking PLUS in 2018
- Nine Calif. School Districts Select Motiv Power Systems-Equipped All-Electric School Buses