A Poplar Bluff R-1 School District bus ran over a fourth-grade student who was running to catch the vehicle, the Springfield News-Leader reports.
The boy was identified as Zjequalin Cody, 10. He reportedly was late to the bus stop Friday morning and was running after the school bus with other students already on board, when he tripped, fell and was crushed under the wheels.
School district Superintendent Scott Dill told the News-Leader that the bus driver was unaware that Cody was running after the bus at the time of the incident.
The Missouri Highway Patrol’s major crash team continued to investigate at this report.
Latest from Ryan Gray
- Want to Be a Transportation Supervisor? The STN EXPO Can Help
- ‘School Bus Driver’ Inadequately Describes Responsibilities, Says NASDPTS
- Alabama Student Honored for Stopping Drunk School Bus Driver
- IC Bus Dealer Midwest Transit Equipment Adds to Portfolio
- Cummins, JAC Motors Form Joint Venture Partnership